Wayne's search engine

Custom Search

Monday 5 September 2011

The ones left behind.

The anniversary of the 9/11 was on the TV the other day, I can't believe that ten years has now passed since that dreadful day, and I remember it like it was just last week.


When it came on the news and I saw the first tower with smoke billowing from the mid section. The news reporters saying they thought it was a accident, then the second plane hit and the world new in a instant that it was no accident. I was so upset by what I saw , it was a act of pure evil.

so many people were lost, people who never suspected that that day would be their last, people who were going to go home and eat with their family and loved ones, people who on the whole were good people and were just doing their every day normal things. Those people are forever gone but not forgotten.

when I think of 9/11 I don't just think of the people who's lives were lost, I also think of the people who lost the loved ones. I imagine them seeing on the news the horror and then coming to know that their loved ones wont be coming home again.

I imagine them at first thinking that maybe their loved ones got away ok and that they will be home soon, they wait till their normal time of arriving looking out of the window to see the one they love coming up the drive in the car, but their is just a empty space where they should be, the night goes on and it's at this time when they realise that their loved ones are gone. I can never imagine the sadness and loss felt by those people, to lose the ones they love and never have them to hold again or to see their smiling faces and to hear their voices. I feel the deepest of sorrow for these people and I wish there was something I could do to help them all with their loss. it is these people who I think of the most when I think of 9/11

the ones who were left behind.


2 comments:

Jillien said...

this was a beautiful post. I often think about that day. its one that remains vivid in my mind. Just need to send prayers to those families, that like you said are left behind.

Jennifer said...

This is a really nice post. I agree, the ones who are left are the ones who are truly suffering now. We'll all say a prayer for them.