Wayne's search engine

Custom Search

Thursday 19 December 2013

November/December with my Jenn










Welcome to my story of my visit to see my Beautiful Jenn.

This time we decided that we would see each other at the end of November and in to early December, Jenn's birthday is in November and with Christmas just round the corner it would be a late birthday present . / early Christmases present for Jenn.

I got to Atlanta on the 25th of November, Jenn as always was there waiting for me. The first thing I do, when I get off the plane apart from collect my baggage is call Jenn to tell her I have arrived. we even have our own meeting spot now where we always meet every time.

and the first thing we do is give each other a hug and kiss. and we leave the airport together and off on our adventures. I always want to get as far away from the airport as possible when I get there, while I am there I don't like the airport because it makes me think of the fact that my time there is not so long.

This time Jenn had time off work for thanksgiving week so we got to spend all day everyday together, that made us both very happy and we tried to pack as much fun in to every moment as possible.

The first place we visited on our travels was a place both me and my beautiful Jenn love, Dahlonega.
We always visit this place and it has very special meaning for me and Jenn,and we both love the mountains so it's great. If you love Christmas lights its full of them around December 1st on wards, and has a Chick-fil-A which just makes it all the better.
I used to love McDonald's and still do, but over the years, the Chick has slowly but surly overtaken as my favourite fast food place.
When we got to Dahlonega first time on this trip the lights were not up yet, so we spend the first night there and enjoyed the square and looking around all the stores. there is a little glass store just on the corner of Dahlonega square , me and Jenn always visit there and get a lucky bag which has a small glass ornament inside. we must have close to 50 of them now, they are really cool.


Me and Jenn also take time to go visist the cat house while we are together, its a house for cats that dont have a home and can be adopted.


Next stop was at the Dillard house, this is another one of mine and Jenn's favourite places to visit.
It's a quiet place hidden in between the mountains and hills of Georgia.

While the weather was rainy we made the most of the house. there are so many things to do there, but every view is amazing and the food is great, all traditional southern food that they bring to your table all in separate bowls so you can take your pick of what you like.

I looovee the cinnamon jam and bread rolls.

We only stopped at the Dillard house for one night , then we headed out to Jennifer's grandparent's.  for my very first American thanks giving dinner.
This was a very big step in our relationship as I had never met them before and both me and Jennifer were a little nervous.

But I have never been made to feel more welcome, they were so very nice and did everything to make me feel at home there. and the food was so very good.

I even had a taste of Squirrel, it was actually not to bad, tasted like chicken.
But I know I will feel slightly guilty the next time I see a squirrel.



Another new thing I tried this time round, or should I say Jenn talked me in to trying was having a pedicure  on my feet. I had never thought about doing something like this but when Jenn suggested it I thought...why not.

we got to the place, I was sat in a chair and put my feet in a small foot spar, next thing I know the seat is moving and massaging my back. and then the fun began. I am not used to other people touching my feet, so when the lady starts chopping at my toe nails and giving them a polish I'm trying my best not to laugh out loud. I'm not ticklish , it just felt very odd.

 A sport both me and my beautiful Jenn are both becoming quite good at is miniature golf, now when I say good, I mean we can actually hit the ball, and most of the rest of it is just luck, or at least it is for my part. and me and Jenn both played a few rounds. in the dark but with UV lights to make things glow which made it all the more fun

.

Me and my Jenn Went to Stone Mountain Park again, using our annual passes that we bought when I was With my Jenn from the time before. I think stone mountain is one of our favourite places to go.

We took the sky lift to the top of the mountain.
  
The view up there is truly amazing and the air does feel clearer up there.

we wonder around the many attractions at the park
We went to the Campfire restaurant , it has some great food there, and also saw the Polar Express in 4d. we saw shows and bought lots of great stuff there.

We visited a plantation museum at the park also which is very educational and shows just how people would live in the past.

Again it was all to soon that I had to go back to England, the time always goes to fast and I always try not to count the days I have left. 
 I always think of the john Denver song called Today, 

it always reminds me to not think about tomorrow, but instead to enjoy what I have today, so instead of thinking of when I have to go back I think of what i have on that day, the fact that I am with my beautiful Jenn and that we have all the day together.

I love you my beautiful Jenn

Thanks to anybody who reads mine and Jenn's adventures




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You did a great job recapping our adventures. I love you.

-stephanie- said...

I think this was my favorite "beautiful Jenn" post. Don't know why, it just seemed like one of your best. Merry Christmas to both of you.