Wayne's search engine

Custom Search

Sunday 5 April 2020

days 11 and 12 staying safe

two weeks in to this lockdown stuff and I can see it is starting to take a toll on some people, its really not easy adapting to such a change, at one point you could go out talk to anybody and shake hands  with anybody  you didn't have to stay 2 meters away,  you would give people their respected distance but not by 2 meters.  the streets were full and shops open, takeaway and fast food places open.

Now at this minute it is the total opposite of all of the above. nothing is open apart from essential places such as supermarkets that serve food. from my house it seems like its not real, that I will go outside and it will all be normal  but that illusion is soon shattered when I cycle to work.

At work we are now taking measures to ensure the safety of the customers and the staff, I really try to be not to harsh with them and I almost try to have fun with the customers on it while making sure that I keep the safety first.

I don't want to deny any customers accesses to what they need but if they pose a risk then I have to make sure that I put life before anything .

at work I have a list of questions I must ask each customer that enters the store, I try to make it as quick as possible for them.  Just the other day I asked a customer if they or any of their household had experienced even a mild symptom of covid 19 and they said yes I asked again to confirm and they said yes, now at this point I said, I'm very sorry but I can not allow you in the store .

The customer became very upset and stormed out of the store saying things as they left.  I felt bad for them , but I must put safety above all  especially in the store where venerable people come to shop.
the customer  then returned to explain that they had been 3 weeks since they had any symptoms but they were still very angry  but I did not allow them in .

its sad to see that its come to that for anybody.


On the positive side word is about that Wohan is returning to normal , slowly but its happening  and Italy has reached its peak and is now on the downward side of the virus, Spain is the same.  The tide is turning on this virus and its time will soon be over.  England where I live is reaching the peak and like over countries we have lost so many, to many to this horrid virus . I truly hope that we will learn from this virus so that anything like it will never happen again. I do have thoughts on it such as maybe if the world didn't concentrate so much on weapons and wars, that all that money could go to defeating the real enemy of humanity which is viruses like this one. I once heard someone say that if we used all the money we had spent on wars for research and other things that we would  be colonising mars by now.

We will beat this virus, we are already starting to fight back. just hang in there and look after each other

todays recoveries stand at 256,668

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Be careful with those customers. I love you.