Wayne's search engine

Custom Search

Friday 3 April 2020

Right at the door days 9 and 10

So the corona virus has now been confirmed in my block which has only 6 residents. So its here, right on my doorstep, the man who had it was a truly great man and was diagnosed with cancer around a year ago , I spoke with him often and he really was a wonderful guy, old but funny, and wise. unfortunately he passed away just yesterday, Due mainly to Cancer, but he tested positive for Corona virus just the day before he died.  I'm sure so many of you out there have already faced this scenario I now face and that you have all taken precautions as you see fit to tackle this horrid Virus, but as always please keep as safe as you can and above all please look after each other , I truly believe that if we all do our part that we will  be over this far faster.

I live with my mother, she is 73 years young but has had pneumonia in the past and it has left her with C.O.P.D  basically scar tissue on the lungs. while it is low lying it could cause problems if she was to get corona virus, but she does not let this get to her . She was a nurse for 34 years and dealt with many outbreaks and she says the same as a lot of people who I know that are nurses and doctors , so many places were to slow to act on this , it should have been contained way faster.

I tell my customers to make sure and stay safe and well every time I serve them, not just because of the virus, but I always  tell them this anyway.  they are saying that it should come to a peak within the next to weeks here.. but what does that mean, does it mean it will slow after that day or will it remain at a peak for a  week,  I often think that a virus is mostly like a forest fire, it cant burn a burnt tree, and they seem to think this one is the same as in once you have had it, you are immune. I hope this is true.

Ultimately we will beat this virus and we should learn from it, the media still seem to be only highlighting the deaths and people who have it, while this is terrible and I truly feel for anybody who is suffering from it and especially those who have lost loved ones to it , I do think the media should also make a big focus on how many people have actually recovered from this virus , why are the media not so willing to talk about that?.

todays recovered stands at 220, 025 and that's confirmed cases, they say many people who have recovered have not even been tested , and apparently 80% of those who do get it only suffer mild symptoms and having talked to a friend who had a friend says  that the person who had it actually thought they just had a cough. I hope that this will be the case for everyone.

Stay safe and take care of each other and thank you for reading

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You be really careful because I need you to stay healthy. I love you.