Wayne's search engine

Custom Search

Sunday 7 February 2010

Was I stupid or smart?

Today I was at work and it was a normal kind of day. but I was quite tied.
The day went buy slow but it soon came to the end of the shift and it was time to go home. I locked up the store with my work mate and we both said goodnight.

It's just as I started to get ready to jog when I noticed that there was a lady stood in the middle of the road crying. I stopped and called to her and asked what was wrong.
She just shook her head and carried on crying. I said to her "Come on you have to get out of the road".

She said "No I am going to kill my self,"
I said "please come off the road" and she just shook her head.

I had to act quick and I wasn't sure what to do, I couldn't leave her there and she wasn't going to come off the road so I did the only thing I could think of. I said to the lady " Fine if you won't come off the road then I'm gonna come and stand there with you ".

I walked out in to the middle of the street and stood there with her, there were cars going past and I felt very nervous but I stood my ground . I said to her " I'm not moving unless you come off the road with me". it was just as I said this that I noticed the road and area around me and the lady light up. there was a car behind me coming straight for me. I turned and looked


It was a police car that had stopped behind me. the police man got out of the car and asked what was going on. I moved to the side of the road and the lady moved with me. I stood a little away for a few minutes just to make sure everything was OK. I hope the lady is OK.

I don't know if It was a smart or stupid thing to do but I'm happy she isn't dead

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I just want you to be careful because I need you.

-stephanie- said...

You were very caring. God watched over you both.

Jillien said...

oh my goodness. What a strange thing to happen? Did she say anything before you went your separate ways?