Wayne's search engine

Custom Search

Thursday 5 January 2012

Bike vs Jogging

Last week I decided I would but my self a mountain bike.
I have been Jogging for a few years now and Wanted to add to the mix of keeping fit so a bike seemed like the logical choice.

So I bought my bike, I had to wait a day for the store to put it together and when I got it I took my first ride on my new bike, the first time I had owned a bike for around 15 years give or take a few months.

so now I cant decide which one is doing me the most good, I know that jogging is not so good in terms of the impact it can have on the joints but it uses more of the body. and biking uses more of the legs but not so much upper body .

on the down hill I can just sit on my bike but on the up hill its more of a challenge. With jogging its a challenge both ways.

there seems to be pros and cons either way.
What I have decided to do is Jog every other day and bike on the other days so for example I'll Jog on Monday and on Tuesday I'll ride my bike and then jog Wednesday and so on.

I'm hoping this way will be the best way and give me a all round workout on a weekly basis.

Thanks for reading

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I think doing both is a good choice. I'm very proud of you!