Wayne's search engine

Custom Search

Monday 9 November 2009

My first baptism

Well today was my first ever baptism That I have given. I baptised my Beautiful Jenn.
It was truly a amazing experience.

We had a couple of Elders, Elder Jenkins and Elder Olson come with us to the church . we went in Jennifer's car and talked most of the way about the size of the buildings that we passed along the way. We Finlay got to the church and parked and I remember thinking that I didn't feel nervous at all, but it was early yet.

We all headed in to the church and went in to the sacrament meeting where Mr Blake, Morgan's dad was sat. We sat next to him and soon after Morgan and her sister arrived and we all sat together. we had the sacrament and then headed in to our separate classes.

soon it was the last lesson before the baptism and the nerves were setting in. I started thinking to my self, What if I fall in the pool and Jenn falls with me. I was now imagining silly scenario's like one strand of Jenn's hair not going under the water and I would have to do the entire process again.

Before I knew it the time was here. we gathered in a room and sat facing a wall with double doors,I could hear the sound of running water behind the doors, and I now felt very nervous.
Elder lee lead me in to a side room where I was able to see the pool where I was to baptise Jenn in just a few minutes.


I was given a white jump suit to wear . so I got dressed and walked back out in to the room where every body was waiting. I felt like every pair of eyes were following me, then Jenn came in to the room wearing white. Morgan never left Jennifer's side she really was a great help for her I think. we all sat down and the baptism ceremony began


Mr Blake said the open prayer and then mine and Jennifer's good friend Morgan gave a talk and she really did a wonderful Job, THANK YOU MORGAN!!. and then it was time.
I walked in to the side room and looked at the pool and I really was so nervous at this point. I looked across to the other side of the small room and Jennifer had entered the room through the other side door.

I looked towards the double doors the joined the baptism pool to the viewing room and I saw Brother Collins head peering through and looking at me. I said to Jenn "do you want to get in first or should I ". Brother Collins gave me a nod to tell me to go in first. I walked down the steps in to the pool and felt the water surround my ankles and then with each step go up my body until I was on the floor of the pool and the water was just below my waist.

Jennifer walked down the stairs at her side and entered the pool. her dress was resting on the surface of the water and Jenn was pushing her dress under the water and as soon as she pushed down one part of her dress another part would pop up to the surface. she eventually got the situation under control and Mr Blake and Brother Collins opened the double doors and I could now see the room full of people looking back at me .

Mr Blake and Stuart , Morgan's brother were the witnesses and they stood at either side of the double doors. I was now ready and the strange thing is that as soon as I had entered the water my nerves had disappeared, well at least most of the feeling . the Children in the room had all gathered around the side of the pool and where sat on the floor watching. I looked at Mr Blake and he gave the nod to continue.

With Jennifer stood in the center of the pool with me I gave her my left arm and I held my right arm up and Said her full name and the baptism blessing. I said it in a loud clear manner so every body could here it. I said Amen and placed my right hand on Jennifer's back and I laid her back in the water.

I made sure she was completely under the water before I pulled her back out again. I raised her up from the water , I felt so relieved. I had done my very first baptism , I was over joyed that it had gone so well.

I walked back up the stairs and turned around to Jenn and gave her the thumbs up and said in a raised whisper YAY WE DID IT!!! I got in to the changing room and I couldn't stop smiling. I had just done something so incredible I had just baptised the woman I love.

I went back in to the viewing room and sat down with Jennifer. We had some food and took some pictures and then left for Jenn's collage.

What a wonderful day..

WELL DONE MY BEAUTIFUL JENN

2 comments:

Morgan said...

It really was such a wonderful day. You did a great job yourself, Wayne. Everyone did it! I'm so happy for Jennifer. I'm happy that you could be here to baptize her. That was truly a blessing. I think that we will all remember this day for the rest of our lives. It was great.

P.S. I can't wait to see you two next weekend!

Jennifer said...

Morgan's right-- you did a great job. This will be a wonderful story to tell our children one day.