Wayne's search engine

Custom Search

Sunday 30 November 2008

Why wrap e'm up

I was at work a while ago and a group of kids came in to the store they were ranging from about 7 to 12 years old and there was about 6 of them and they were just looking around the store innocently but they caught my atention when I heard one of them saying to the rest of them "I'm getting a Xbox 360 for christmas and that game and that game and I'm getting 500 pounds to spend." Then his friend said " I'm gonna ask my mom for this game for christmas."


The group went silent for a minute as the walked over to the Playstation section Then what looked to be the youngest of them all says to his friends "I've got that game and that one and for christmas I'm getting them two games for christmas.

Then they all left the store and I remember thinking to my self why even wrap the christmas gifts seems to me they know what they are getting anyways. I remember when I was younger I never even had a clue what I was gonna get for christmas until I ripped open the wrapping paper.

I knew what I would have liked and afew times that's what I got But My christmas gifts were alway top secret. In my opinion half the fun of christmas was trying to guess what I would have got even if I was mostly wrong but thats the fun.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I've got to agree with you on this one, Wayne. While I've got to admit that I was like these kids, I agree that it's way more exciting when you don't know what to expect. Surprises are always fun!