Wayne's search engine

Custom Search

Sunday 7 December 2008

A year in history 1980

Yes I have come up with a idea for my blog and It will be called
A YEAR IN HISTORY.
I Will take a look back in history once a week
and display the top things of that week.
I will display the news headline of that week
The latest technoligy of that week
the top 5 music of that week
top 5 movies
If I find that people actually read this blog Idea then I will carry it on
but if not I'll come up with another idea
so for this one I'm gonna go back to to 1980
I hope you all enjoy my trip down memory lane so here goes



A YEAR IN HISTORY 1980


WORLD NEWS HEADLINES TOP 5

1. Mount St. Helens eruption destroying 150 square miles.

2. John lennon is shot and killed.

3. Most gold medals won by Athlete in Olympics
awarded to speed skater Eric Heiden.

4. Woman arrested for slaying of a Alabama student.

5. President Carter warns USSR over military intervention in Poland.

TOP 5 TECHNOLOGY

1. BBC Acorn electron

2. Mobile phones.

3. Stereo systems.

4. Computer games.

5. Video tapes.

TOP 5 MUSIC CHART

1. Blondie - Call me.

2. Kool and the gang -Celebration.

3. Queen -Another one bites the dust.

4. AC/DC - You shook me all night long.

5. Joy Davison - Love will tear us apart.



TOP 5 MOVIES.


1. Empire strikes back.

2. 9 to 5.

3. Stir crazy.

4. Airplane.

5. Any wich way you can.


So there it is a quick but quite intresting summary of the year 1980 hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

that was very interesting it's a very good idea for a blog