Wayne's search engine

Custom Search

Sunday 15 February 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

Today is my birthday: The 15th of February, 1979.

I am 30 years old and I feel old, well oldER.

I was thinking all day it kinda feels like I'm on the edge of a threshold.

While I'm sure that, like every other age I have been, 30 will have its blessings.

I can't help thinking I'm at a peak in some ways

For example, my hair will start going grey soon. I have already found the odd grey strand in there and I'm not plucking them because, as the old saying goes, if you pluck one six come to its funeral.

At 30, it's kinda like this might be the best I will ever look. Who knows? Or it could go the other way and I could be one of the fortunate few who improve with age.

30 is in my mind a milestone of life, and a big one at that.

But there are good things about being 30. I have more experience and I am wiser and I think that 30 is a very distinguishing age-- a defining year-- and just like every year of my life, I will strive to make it a great year.

So happy birthday to me!

11 comments:

Bridget said...

Happy Birthday!! (You have the same birthday as my Mom) Hope you enjoy your day!

Jennifer said...

Well I hope your 30th year is wonderful. My birthday blog for you will publish at midnight EST.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish I was 30 again!!

-stephanie- said...

Happy 30th Birthday Wayne. The years ahead only get better.

Mama SeWELL said...

Happy 30th Birthday Wayne! Im right behind you, I'll be 30 in August. Thanks for all the positive thoughts on starting a new decade of life, I'll have to remember these when I get bummed about leaving my 20's behind.
Have a great Bday!

Kimber B Photography said...

Happy Birthday Wayne!! I hope I caught you before it's the 16th over there.

CornFedMama said...

Happy Birthday Wayne! May the next 30 years double your happiness, love, and health!

Morgan said...

I know that I already wished you a happy birthday, but that was more of a poking-fun-at-your-old-age kind of "happy birthday." Now let me do it for real...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WAYNE!!!!!! Enjoy your day, and enjoy your 30th year. Let it be the best one yet!

Chelsie said...

Happy Birthday! Don't worry about 30--- you're still young!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! I will be 29 this summer, so I am anxiously awaiting/dreading the big 3-0. Men have it so lucky. They look better with age and women start to fall apart! I wouldn't guess you for 30, and I am usually pretty on the mark for age-guessing. So you already have a jump-start on looking young.